Public Relations Manager
Here at Vacasa, we help travelers experience unforgettable vacations. When you grow as quickly as we have been, every day is an exciting one. We embrace opportunities, and have a tendency to hand out responsibilities to our employees to see how they can stretch and challenge themselves. This is a place to grow as an individual, and to be part of our collective growth as a company and a team…and so far, it’s been an unbelievably rewarding journey together.
We’re searching for new employees who can contribute to our most important asset, our culture. Vacasa has eight core values that clearly define what our culture is. We’re looking for those people who both understand the need for these core values and are willing to embrace and embody them.
What You’ll Do:
We are seeking a skilled communicator to join our award-winning Public Relations and Communications team at Vacasa — the rapidly growing, second-largest U.S. vacation rental management company headquartered in Portland, Oregon. This position will help to lead the team’s communications strategy including media relations, message development, local PR, internal communications, crisis management, executive coaching, and team resource allocation. Ideal applicants will have 5-7 years of experience in public relations. Agency experience and/or tech experience a plus.
• Secure consistent earned media placements across business, technology, travel, and consumer verticals
• Lead strategic direction of company messaging in partnership with the Director of External Communication.
• Lead local PR program with help from PR Specialist by mining and placing stories in key markets.
• Manage company announcements, including acquisitions, funding, leadership updates, platform partnerships and more
• Work with executive team in advance of major media or events opportunities to ensure message alignment and consistency • Support internal communications strategy
• Lead development of paid and owned content when necessary.
• Oversee company events, awards, and executive speaking opportunities
The Skills You’ll Need:
• Bachelor’s degree in communications, business or related field
• 5-7+ years of experience working in public relations, preferably within an agency
• Proven results securing earned tier one media placements
• Confident communicator and presenter
• Adaptable to changing, fast-paced environment
• Ability to think strategically and be a strong executor
Don’t Forget the Perks!
• Health/Dental/Vision Insurances
• 401k Retirement Savings Plan with up to a 6% company match
• Paid Time Off
• Employee discounts
• All of the equipment you’ll need to be successful