Public Relations Services
Request for Services
Marylhurst University is requesting proposals for planning, coordination, implementation, management and evaluation of Public Relations services.
The purpose of this request is to select a qualified service provider to plan, coordinate and manage Public Relations services to leverage earned media, public outreach and events that position Marylhurst University’s president – Melody Rose – as a thought leader in key arenas related to higher education.
The selected service provider will be retained for 6 – 12 months, dependent upon budget constraints. Contract may be extended beyond this timeframe.
In 2014, Dr. Melody Rose joined Marylhurst University as the 15th president. She brought with her an extensive background as a leader and scholar in political science as well as in higher education. To Marylhurst, she offers a unique opportunity to help position the university as a thought leader in various higher education topics. The university is looking at ways to leverage Dr. Rose’s expertise, leadership and name recognition to place the Marylhurst name on a bigger platform in the region (and beyond).
Since 1893, Marylhurst University has been inspiring change through our students, through the innovative, career-focused programs we offer, and through our advocacy to make an exceptional education accessible to underrepresented populations. The university was founded on Catholic values and today is a modern, progressive university that combines the applied liberal arts with career-relevant knowledge.
Scope of Work
1. Developing, planning, implementing and managing a speaker agenda for Dr. Rose in key venues, groups and organizations in the Portland metro region resulting in at least one speaking engagement per month.
a. This includes researching possible speaker opportunities, pitching Dr. Rose as a speaker, confirming speaking opportunities, coordinating speaking engagement – including developing presentation materials
2. Targeting publicity in print, TV, radio and online outlets
3. Writing, formatting and distributing content (press releases, blog posts, opinion pieces, editorials, articles) for print, online, broadcast media
4. Managing and coordinating Dr. Rose’s official social media channels
5. Coordinating all efforts with the university’s communications team
Interested service providers will be vetted based on experience, history and your ability to provide the services in the Scope of Work. To be considered, please submit:
• Cover letter providing background on you/your firm
• Approach to Scope of Work: provide a brief description explaining your approach to the Scope of Work
• Qualifications and Experience: Provide a description of the history, experience, and qualifications of your firm to perform the Scope of Work. Please include:
• Resumes of all principals assigned to the project.
•List of capabilities corresponding to the scope of work.
• List of similar/relevant projects your firm has undertaken including results achieved
• References from similar projects your firm has undertaken.
• Project cost: Provide detailed costs for the services to be performed based on the Scope of Work
Please submit proposal materials to:
email@example.com (submission by email preferred)
17600 Pacific HWY
PO Box 261
Marylhurst, Oregon 97036
Deadline to submit materials is March 15, 2017 by 5 p.m.