Internship for Grad Student
Jump start your professional career working for one of the best brands in the United States. The Oregon state office of AARP is looking for a spring intern to work 16-24 hours per week at our Clackamas Office. This is paid positions with a competitive hourly rate of $15-17/hour. AARP’s membership is aged 50+, but we work on issues that matter to all Oregonians.
The spring will be a busy time as we gear up for Oregon’ s legislative session, focusing on consumer protection, family caregivers and retirement security for people of all ages.
Be warned: You will not hone your coffee-making skills at AARP. Instead, we work with our interns to create a valuable and customized learning experience.
– Develop and post social media and think strategically about timing, placement and variety. We are looking for opportunities for social media engagement
– Assist in the strategic communication planning for key AARP events including AARP Lobby Day at the Capitol and other events. The Oregon office priorities for 2017 are caregiving and caregiving respite, financial security, livable communities and fraud prevention
– Work to collect retirement security stories from people of all ages
– Create press releases and help do research for articles
– Other duties as assigned.
You’re a strong candidate for this position if you are a graduate student with experience interviewing, writing, developing social media content or pitching media. Knowledge of AP Style is a strong plus.
To apply, send a resume to Joyce DeMonnin – firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be sure to include your phone number and email address in your message. Internship start and end dates are negotiable but at least 90 days with the possibility of extension to 180 days. Deadline for applications and interviews TBD. Ideal starting date end of Jan or early Feb.