Position: Account Executive
Location: Portland, Oregon
You’re starting your career and want to make good decisions to advance your training, experience and network. You’re not looking for “just a job” because that’s not who you are.
The questions you’re asking are: Who will support my professional development and invest in my training? Who will help me stretch my project management abilities to the point of discomfort? Can I contribute creative ideas to more senior colleagues and have those thoughts valued?
How do we know? Because we were you once. We celebrate ambition, talent and drive. We’re a young, rapidly growing agency looking for the right team to help us keep growing across the Pacific Northwest. Our mission is to set a new standard for strategic communications, and we’re creating a culture to match that vision. If you are interested, or just intrigued, here is what you need to know.
Quinn Thomas is a strategic communications firm that exists for the simple purpose of helping others see the world differently. We provide public relations, public affairs, and creative strategy for clients that want to throw out the playbooks and challenge conventional wisdom.
Position Overview: We are seeking a communications professional to support a diverse portfolio of clients in Oregon and Washington and grow our presence in the market.
• A desire to do things differently – and to work with a team that dislikes cookie-cutter solutions.
• Belief in the core values of curiosity, accountability, tirelessness, passion, and fearlessness.
• A desire for professional growth spurred on by personal ambition. (It’s ok, ambition is celebrated here).
• Enjoyment of people and teamwork, but a willingness to work independently.
• Love of learning borne of an understanding that it feeds creativity and perspective.
• An embrace of leadership and comfort operating in an environment where team members are held accountable to each other.
• Support, and eventually lead, strategic communications efforts on behalf of clients throughout Oregon and Washington.
• Develop and lead digital strategy for numerous clients, including the day-to-day management of websites and social media accounts.
• Manage media relations in support of client objectives – news release development and distribution, pitching, call downs, media kit development, op-ed and LTE placement, monitoring and reporting.
• Support development of grassroots advocacy coalitions and manage the deployment of third-party surrogates.
• Assist with the development and production of business and client proposals and presentations.
• Some local and regional travel required throughout the year.
• Minimum of 2 years of experience in strategic communications, including public relations, public affairs, advertising, and/or journalism. Agency experience strongly preferred.
• Excellent written communications skills are a non-negotiable requirement for our team members.
• Some experience dealing directly with clients and/or managing project
• Demonstrated understanding of media relations – press materials development, pitching, press event logistics.
• Experience developing and executing social media strategies, including paid digital advertising.
• Experience recruiting and engaging stakeholder groups and individuals around public policy issues.
• Ability to meet client expectations and deadlines while maintaining careful attention to detail and ensuring quality.
Quinn Thomas is an equal opportunity employer. Salary for this position is DOE. Position includes benefits package, eligibility to participate in 401(k) plans, and professional and career development pathways.
Please email your resume and a cover letter that includes salary requirements to firstname.lastname@example.org. Applicants may submit questions regarding this position to the email above. No phone calls please.