Marketing and Business Development Assistant
Full-time, immediate opening
Dunn Carney is an established downtown law firm that was founded in the 1930’s and has grown into one of the top 10 law firms in Oregon with a strong regional footprint. We also serve clients across the United States and the world through our own resources and our membership in Meritas, a worldwide network of peer- and client-reviewed firms selected on the basis of excellence. Dunn Carney has a diverse and vibrant practice with attorneys recognized as leaders in real estate, commercial litigation, insurance, environmental, agriculture and natural resources, corporate law, intellectual property, employment and white collar crime. Our attorneys and staff are also known in the community for their work as board members and volunteers for charities and non-profits.
- Three years’ experience in the coordination of business development and/or marketing projects, preferably in a professional services setting
- Degree in journalism, communications or marketing discipline or equivalent work experience
- Understanding of marketing concepts for professional services firm
- Demonstrated ability to work within a team, support and interact with a highly skilled and diverse population of attorneys
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent proofreading and editing skills, knowledge of AP style preferred
- Proficient in Adobe Creative Suite, CMS, email marketing programs and Microsoft Office 2013 Suite
- Understanding of design concepts and administrative procedures
- Demonstrated ability to interact and communicate with colleagues at all levels, both within and outside the office
- Attention to detail, ability to prioritize and see projects through to completion
- Solid decision-making abilities
- Strong organizational skills and ability to multi-task
- Ability to successfully manage, prioritize and meet deadlines
- Drafts, updates and/or proofreads website, social media and newsletter content, news releases and promotional and presentation materials
- Coordinates advertising reservations and submissions
- Researches, orders and maintains inventory of branded collateral. Manages suppliers and coordinates orders
- Assists marketing director in implementing internal and external marketing and business development activities
- Coordinates marketing team meetings, client seminars and event sponsorships, including calendaring, distributing invitations, filling seats, coordinating catering, and coordinating production of presentations, handouts and related materials
- Monitors and regularly updates website and social media platforms
- Maintains lawyer photo files for website and social media
- Assists with event registration process. Coordinates RSVPs
- Other administrative duties as required.
- Occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds
All of your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines. Dunn Carney supports a workforce diversity and is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All employees and applicants for employment are extended equal employment opportunities without regard to race, color, citizenship, religion, national origin, age, gender, disability, veteran, or current or future military status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic testing or any other status protected by law. Dunn Carney does not discriminate against any applicant or employee in hiring or in the terms, conditions, and privileges of employment based upon pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions. We will make reasonable accommodation for religious beliefs.
We request that candidates submit a cover letter and resume in .doc or .pdf file to Jhartley@dunncarney.com when applying for this position. Thank you in advance for you interest.