VOA Oregon has an opening for an exciting new position as communications manager in the development and communications department.
VOA Oregon’s story-gatherer and story-teller, the Communications Manager (CM) is responsible for all aspects of communications, marketing, media and public relations and branding for VOA Oregon, resulting in high levels of visibility and designed to generate organizational awareness, increase fundraising and volunteer engagement and enhance positive recognition for the organization. The CM will advance VOA Oregon’s mission, programs and services through management of the website, integrated direct marketing, social media, email marketing, media relations, and general communications and marketing initiatives.
This position is open through 1/19/16
JOB APPLICANTS WILL BE SUBJECT TO A CRIMINAL HISTORY CHECK
Please make sure to attach BOTH your COVER LETTER & RESUME
Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications, marketing or related field. Additional education may be substituted for experience, and educational qualifications may be waived depending on work history.
• Three to five years’ experience with communications/marketing/public relations for a nonprofit organization.
• Experience and ability to develop marketing plans, communications strategies, social media and digital marketing campaigns and print and electronic newsletters.
• Proven expertise in writing and editing, publications, news releases, media advisories, fact sheets, media queries, brochures, newsletters, correspondence, online communications, social media, and fundraising and other external marketing materials using correct grammar, punctuation, spelling, editing, formatting, and proofreading skills to clearly and concisely provide accurate information.
• Experience with and working knowledge of fundraising/development best practices.
• Proficient in the use of PC computers and high computer literacy including MS Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Photoshop and/or Illustrator preferred, eMarketing and Internet browser. Knowledge of basic HTML/CSS, SEO and CMS.
• Experience with photography and various audio visual services is a plus!
• Results-oriented and personally accountable for expectations, timelines and outcomes.
• Able to work independently with limited supervision, as well as effectively as part of a team.
• Strong initiative and self-motivation.
• Demonstrated ability to maintain confidentiality in all matters and a strong sense of ethical conduct, sound judgment and integrity.
• Dedication to and enthusiasm for the mission and vision of VOA Oregon and ability to instill that passion in donors and prospects.
• Ability to work a flexible schedule including extended weekend, evening and holiday hours on occasion as needed.
• An active driver’s license, current insurance, reliable vehicle and ability to pass our insurer’s driving standards and a criminal background check are required.
Salary Range: $44,050-$66,075; final salary DOE/DOQ