- Position: Principal, Full-time
- Reports to: Portland Office Managing Partner
- Compensation: Competitive base salary, commission and bonus opportunities, comprehensive benefit package
- Deadline: October 30, 2015
About Gallatin Public Affairs:
For 25 years, at the intersection of business, government, politics and media, we’ve helped our clients overcome challenges, seize opportunities and grow. We are experienced strategists, lobbyists, communicators, policy experts, researchers and organizers. To learn more about Gallatin Public Affairs visit www.gallatinpa.com.
Gallatin Public Affairs presents a unique opportunity to practice strategic communications on behalf of a wide range of issues and clients within a reputable, established and growing public affairs firm with six offices throughout the Northwest.
Gallatin is seeking a senior-level communications practitioner with demonstrated experience in public affairs or strategic communications. We are seeking a self-motivated leader who has successfully designed and executed communications strategies on behalf of companies and/or nonprofits. We are seeking a team player who can work collaboratively with colleagues and clients to plan, implement and evaluate integrated communications programs.
Applicants must have the following characteristics:
- Follows politics and news
- Is entrepreneurial and comfortable engaging in business development and client generation activities
- Is organized, highly motivated, and works well under pressure
- Understands and can deploy the building blocks of communications planning: Research methodologies, strategies and tactics, audience segmentation and targeting, message construction and development, and measurement/evaluation
- Has senior-level experience in a range of communications disciplines which may include media relations, public affairs, community relations, branding and marketing, etc.
- Is focused, driven and thrives on managing successful projects
- Works collaboratively with Gallatin professionals to develop winning strategies, creative ideas and opportunities
- Contributes to team meetings, client meetings and planning sessions with insights and observations that are relevant and delivered in a professional manner
- Uses sound judgment to identify issues and escalate when appropriate
- Drives focused decisions within specific areas and is a contributor to decisions beyond specific scope of role
- Identifies key needs or gaps and provide leadership to close those gaps
- Identifies and communicates specific personal growth goals for self
- Senior-level communications practitioner adept at strategy development and integrated planning
- Advanced written and verbal communications skills a must
- Business development skills highly desired
- Strong organization and project tracking/management skills
- Political, campaign, or public affairs experience
- Media relations experience– working directly with reporters, crafting news releases, developing story ideas, managing media inquiries, etc.
- Client service or consulting experience is highly desired
- Demonstrated skills and experience in developing and managing communications campaigns using digital and social media tools
- Bachelors Degree in journalism, communications, marketing or related field
- Minimum 8 years related experience
- Power Point, Microsoft Office
To Apply: Interested candidates submit resume, cover letter, 3 professional references and a 250-600 word writing sample to Shannon Berg at firstname.lastname@example.org Subject: Communications Strategist.