This position will be responsible for supporting strategic communications, media relations, social media and brand awareness activities for the company.
As a key member of the Strategic Communications team, the strategic communications coordinator will manage and execute social media activities including monitoring, publishing, measurement and reporting activities.
This position will also support a wide range of public relations and social media channels by writing engaging content and analyzing the overall effectiveness of the company’s outreach efforts.
Skills and abilities needed for success:
- Excellent writing skills, including experience in writing news releases, fact sheets, articles, internal communications, and social media content, editing and research skills required
- Solid knowledge of public relations functions, including earned media, social media and measurement systems
- Strategic yet creative thinker, self-starter, cool under pressure
- Possesses strong organization and project management skills, with the ability to manage time and prioritize tasks to quickly produce results under tight deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills (both oral and written) with a service oriented approach to projects
- Flexibility and inter-personal skills that allows effective collaboration with people at all levels of the organization
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships within the organization to help achieve business outcome
Normally to be proficient in the competencies listed above, Social Media Coordinator would have a Bachelor’s degree in public relations, communications or related field and a minimum of 3 years of professional experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
General Functions and Outcomes:
- Write and edit blog posts, social media posts, press releases, award submissions, internal communications, and other special writing projects
- Prepare and manage communications calendar in coordination with community investment and marketing teams to ensure events, sponsorships and campaigns are supported at the appropriate level
- Research and monitor media coverage and industry trends; create media lists to support campaigns
- Support social media channels (including developing content, posting and reporting)
- Serve as department contact for public relations vendors and news distribution services
Click here for more information, including how to apply >